People Take Action
Don’t Just Go to Church. Be the Church.
During these hard economic times, many people are in need of help. As a church or small group, you can help your community by serving them in Christ's name. Faith in Action is a campaign that will help your group become outwardly focused and aware of the needs around you. You can make a difference in your community!
Start with a Small Group Kit and let the enthusiasm grow into a church-wide campaign. The energy generated from a Faith in Action service day is contagious, and it will change your group or congregation from the inside out.
When many people gather to serve, it makes a powerful impact in the community; but when many churches or groups gather to serve together, it can change a community. We encourage groups and churches to organize their Faith in Action Sunday to take place on October 11, 2009. You can make a difference by “being the Church” in your community—by serving them.
Below is a list of 13 ways a Faith in Action Campaign will benefit your church!
A Faith in Action Campaign can...
- Change your church from the inside out.
- Change focus to "others" instead of "ourselves."
- Raise awareness of local, national and global needs.
- Create closeness and unity as your church members work side-by-side.
- Deepen spiritual commitment and church involvement.
- Make every person realize that they can make a difference!
- Reach the community through service.
- Build relationships between your church and community organizations.
- Reach unchurched friends by inviting them to come serve with you.
- Improve the reputation of your church in the community.
- Plant spiritual seeds through service.
- Share God's love in a tangible way.
- Move your members from inactive to active.